cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Broadband wiring

• I hope I can get some help with the below. 
    A bathroom fitter moved the internal wire for my internet connection below floorboards. Previously joined internally to external cable through a junction box. The cabling is joined twisting the wires together externally and I need to have it properly secured with a waterproof type box/connectors. I also need to know wiring order if possible.  The fitter promised to return but hasn’t. Internet working fine as covered but need to have better fixings. Thank you. 

•  
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband wiring

are you a BT Retail customer paying BT for your phone and broadband?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi. Yes I’m with BT with telephone and broadband. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Does your phone and broadband still work now wires are just twisted and not secure in the original junction box

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Both are working fine and bathroom done 6/8 weeks ago. Wiring is protected with a plastic bag and in an area not used. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

386BDC2D-BB09-4C8B-A675-898212CFFC36.jpeg

 Photo of wiring as it may help. Thank you. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

if everything working then wiring is obviously how it currently is just need a junction box and connect wires as currently.  That wiring prior to master socket is property on openreach and should not have been touched but once disconnected should have been securely re-connected

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thank you again for reply. Is junction box fairly standard for connections as will need to be connected externally and be waterproof?  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

The wires are often connected with 'jelly' connectors which are waterproof