cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband working earlier than activation date.

Hi all,

I've just moved into my new home and my smart hub 2 box came 2 days earlier than expected.

I decided as I have it and I have lots to unpack to plug everything in now following the app guidance, waiting for the 9th however my broadband is a solid blue colour and I've been able to use and access it without any issues on the 7th?

I don't want to cause any issues for myself in the future but can I just leave it on and use it? I've already been charged for this month so it's not like it's free WIFI.

Any ideas or feedback would be great!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband working earlier than activation date.

Using it now isn’t an issue , it’s not that unusual for these things to be done a little early , especially if it won’t impinge on the previous occupant service ( if there was a working Openreach based service in the address from the previous occupant ) there is the smallest chance that you are using the previous occupants ‘service’ ( if they also had BT ) and on the appropriate date the service goes off and comes back on , but that’s not particularly likely , and shouldn’t stop you using what you have now .

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband working earlier than activation date.

When i spoke to BT they said previously there was wifi at this address however the previous owners stated they did not have it as it was a rental.

Either it's on early or somethings happened but very happy to be able to work from home early!

Thanks!

0 Ratings