cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plwimsett
Message 1 of 6

Broken connection

Go to solution

I keep trying to tell BT about that I can't a Broadband connection. The automatic assistant is no help at all. It's definitely something to do with the wires behind the broadband socket, I think they got damaged by a ladder? But they keep going on about what lights are on in the box and such like.

I didn't receive a scheduled phone call that BT arranged about a fault which apparently is in the area. As stated above I don't even think this is the main problem. Any way I can bypass the assistant?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broken connection

Go to solution

does your phone work as that is need for broadband to work

if line damaged by ladder then probably need engineer and more than likely be charged the call out fee of £85

are there any light shown on hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
plwimsett
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

For some reason my phone does work. But there didn't seem a problem with the internet before the incident. All I keep getting is questions about the lights (sorry, I know you've taken time out to answer my question). The lights work for a little while on green, then they stop.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

if your phone works then try using the test socket which is behind master socket faceplate and you will need a filter  see if that gets broadband to work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
plwimsett
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

It seems the socket was okay, only the adaptor was damaged. Have replaced it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Great easy fix

0 Ratings