cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skiskool
Message 1 of 2

Browser won't connect but email will HH2/Vista

I'm trying to help a friend out who has lost her 'internet' connection.
She can download emails so it's not the physical connect or an issue with the hub (as far as I an tell).
However, there is no connectivity via a browser (IE9 and Chrome both tested).
She used to have no problems with this access so she's obviously changed something inadvertently.
I've tried changing the internet connections settings but unsure what to change them to (have removed all dial up info and set to never dial a connection etc).
Any suggestions?

She's running Vista (it's an old PC) and has a home hub v2.0
I can connect wirelessly on smartphone.
Thanks
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Browser won't connect but email will HH2/Vista

It could be that her computer has IPv6 selected. Try disconnecting it as follows:

Select Start

In the search field type.ncpa.cpl and press enter.

In the new window right click on your wireless network connection and select properties If using a wired connection click on that and select properties.

In “This connection uses the following items” section remove the tick beside Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) then press OK

Left click on Internet Protocol IPv4, click properties . Check the options to obtain IP addres and DNS server address automatically.

Once done try and connect to internet.

If you can not get to the network card that way go to the bottom right corner of the task bar where the Internet Connection is shown and right click on it. Click Network and sharing Centre. Click on “Manage network connections”

Click on either the Local Area Connection or the Wireless connection if you are connecting that way. Right click and click “Properties”

In “This connection uses the following items” section remove the tick beside Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) then press OK

Left click on Internet Protocol IPv4, click properties. Check the options to obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically.

Once done try and connect to internet.

0 Ratings