cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Bt Halo 3 - FTTP - Netgear Nighthawk R7000

Hello all,

I just signed to get my broadband upgraded to Halo 3 FTTP 300. From my understanding a new box will be installed in my home that will act as the modem, then the smart hub 2 that BT will send will only be use as a modem. 

If I am correct that will give me the opportunity to use my Netgear Nighthawk R7000 (router only version)

Am I correct in my understanding of FTTP install? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt Halo 3 - FTTP - Netgear Nighthawk R7000

Yes, the smart hub will not be needed at for broadband, just connect the Netgear directly to the ONT. However, if you require digital voice, you will need to connect the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply. As far as I know my phone contract hasn't changed. 

How would I know if they are moving me to VoIP. That would surely mean I will need new handset?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

are you getting FTTP or G.Fast?

are you expecting openreach to fir an ONT

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes, if you were moving to Digital Voice you should have been given the choice of either 2 basic phones or one advanced phone when you placed the order for FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hello and again thank you for your prompt reply. I have an appointment for two engineers to install FTTP.

0 Ratings