cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwalters
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Bt Whole Home Wifi - Flashing Blue Lights

I have three whole home wifi discs, the first one is permanantly attached to an ethernet cable and the other two are standalone devices, when it works it works really well.

Unfortunatly in the two or so years I have had them I have had to reconfigure them a few times as typically what happens is we wake up one morning to find we are no longer able to access them via the Whole Home app that reports I am not connected even though the phone is connected to the wifi.  At this stage the discs are flashing blue.

Some devices are able to connect at this point, while some aren't so it's quite frustrating.

The only solution is to reset each disc and start again after which every device int he house needs to be reattached to the wifi.

Why does it suddenly do this?

Is there a better way of getting it back to normal, I've tried rebooting all the devices and the router (virgin)?

It's a real shame it's so unreliable as when it's working it's brilliant, but reconfiguring it is a really tedious process.

Thanks

Ed

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt Whole Home Wifi - Flashing Blue Lights

0 Ratings
edwalters
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

A bit yes, this chaps says he's resets all his discs and starts again.  That whole process is fairly painful and one I am hoping to avoid.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

@edwalters wrote:

A bit yes, this chaps says he's resets all his discs and starts again.  That whole process is fairly painful and one I am hoping to avoid.

Really, only one of the BT Device experts can advise on the best way, unless other forum members can make any suggestions.

0 Ratings
edwalters
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

How do you get hold of BT device experts?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

@edwalters wrote:

How do you get hold of BT device experts?

They only reply in their own time, but I will ask a moderator for guidance.

0 Ratings
edwalters
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

I'll follow the first part of this, but if this is a thing then clearly it's an expensive system that shouldn't be on sale because it's not reliable and a terrific pain to reset.  

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Problem-with-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-Read-this-first/td-p/1908749

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

As you are with Virgin Media, it may be worth looking on their forum?

This link has lots of information https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=...

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@edwalters I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your Whole Home wifi, I'd recommend that you get in touch with the  helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 alternatively you can email them at btconnectedhome@bt.com 

0 Ratings
edwalters
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Turns out that if you turn all the discs off, leave the house, visit the doctor, wait for ages at the doctor and then come home again and hour and a half later, turn the disc that is connected via ethernet back on, wait, wait, wait, it does the purple stuff, flashes blue and hey presto it's solid blue and the app connects to it showing that it's healthy.

After that it's just a question of turning the other discs on and waiting for the purple and blue flashing malarky and they appear in the app as connected.  

Everyone is happy, no devices needed reconfiguring and Netflix is taking a real hammering.

Until the next time.....

0 Ratings