cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Bt fibre

I seem to be getting disconnected alot my xbox runs slow in get cut off when ever it wants videos don't play properly on facebook am paying for fibre it's terrible
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt fibre

post stats from your router

check quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

are you using test socket with filter?

are you using powerline adapters

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Is your xbox connected to the home hub using a wireless connection, or an Ethernet connection?

Wireless is likely to be very unreliable and can be very slow.

Unless you are on FTTP, you are only paying fror a copper connection from a fibre cabinet, so its not really a true fibre connection.

0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Yes Xbox is wireless my room is also in the loft and my router is down 2 flights of stairs but even when am down stair facebook videos don't play properly
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

@dazzarfc12 wrote:
Yes Xbox is wireless my room is also in the loft and my router is down 2 flights of stairs but even when am down stair facebook videos don't play properly

Take the xbox downstairs, and plug it directly into an Ethernet port on the home hub, that will prove whether its a wireless issue.

Use the LAN port on the xbox and turn the xbox wireless off.

0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

What if i run an Ethernet cable from the room to the router
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

@dazzarfc12 wrote:
What if i run an Ethernet cable from the room to the router

You could try that, even if its just on a temporary basis to prove the problem. Long Ethernet cables are not expensive.

The other option would be to try broadband extenders (Powerline adapters), but they can also give problems. Try a cable first.

0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Ave always had problems with it bt and sky when I just had normal broadband speed the router used to cut off and reset but I spoke to a guy from virgin media at work and asked him if he knew about this problem and he asked who I was with told him he said it will be the copper they don't change it and I stay in pritty old houses so my copper will be in bits
0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Downloading on xbox

Hey i posted earlier about my Xbox disconnecting every maybe hour or so and slow downloads is this because am so far from my router
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Re: Downloading on xbox

as from what you have posted you are conencting using wifi then yes the distance between your device and hub will be a problem especially if 2 floors up  for gaming should always use an wired conenction for best results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings