cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Bt home hub 6 weak wirless signal

Hi am new to this so any help appreciated, moved to faster broadband and got new Bt hub 6, so broadband much faster, I live in a rural area so still coming into house on copper wire and we are about 2 miles from green box in village. We live in a large house and bt main box was at one end of property so decided to pay the £130 and have main box in middle of property - which was good as signal was reasonable in all areas of house - This week now we have wifi signal dropping off and devices - iphones etc going onto 4g/3g etc in location where there was no issue in past. And smart tv which is in another room but about 4 mtrs from hub lost signal?? So reset hub to factory settings, tried changing channels, and split SSID. Still no better - so next is to maybe buy extenders any advice on what to get appreciated - our house is on two floors, still cant understand why the signal is less than before - nothing changed in house etc
thanks
A
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bt home hub 6 weak wirless signal

Hi @kinsercat

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having with the wireless signal being broadcast from your Smart Hub.  We can't guarantee wireless and everyone's environment is different however there are a few links you can try below to see if you can improve the signal;

How do I change the Wi-fi channel on my BT Hub?

How do I split my BT Hub's SSID (wireless network name)?

Post back and let us know how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings