cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Bt hub 2

My bt hub 2 has just got a solid orange light on but I've no internet. I've tried checking all the connections and I've even pressed the reset buttons but it just goes from green to orange. Any help would be appreciated thank you

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt hub 2

have you tried factory reset but pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30secs until lights flash

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-can-t-connect/what-do-the-ligh...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I pressed the reset button but I'd switched the hub off. Don't know why. I will give your idea a try.  What does it mean on the help page when it says to connect a device. ? Thanks for the quick reply

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

It simply means connect a PC/laptop/ smartphone etc.

Do you have dial tone and is the number read back when you dial 17070 the correct number.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I've tried to connect my smartphone but even though it says connected it isnt. My landline is fine that's all working I just cant connect to the internet thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

The orange light can be symptomatic of a crossed line, so trying to establish what is happening.

When you dial 17070 from your landline does it read back the correct number?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Did you try the factory reset  remembering to keep hub powered up

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings