cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dodgydave61
Message 1 of 4

Bt hub 4 changing channels in manual mode.

My hub 4 keeps changing channels in manual mode, but only on the 5Ghz band, when i set it to say 54,56, 58 60, or 100, after say 3 or so days it changes to 38 Always, and it's doing my fkn head in, . The 2.4g band is ok it never moves.

Why is this happening???
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt hub 4 changing channels in manual mode.

Have you tried a factory reset by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30secs until lights flash 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dodgydave61
Message 3 of 4

Yes i have reset it, and it still keeos doing it, my next option is to buy a Netgear router if this can't be solved.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you have tried factory reset not just a reset and problem persists then sound like hub faulty. As long as you are still in fixed term contract then phone 151 and request a replacement

if you are buying third party modem/router tplink is popular on the forum 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings