cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jingies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Bt hub requires daily reset

I've been having problems with my bt hub recently. It seems that almost every day it seems to fail in that nothing can connect via WiFi. The light stays blue but no laptop, phones, iPads or Google home devices can connect.
Once you reset the hub and wait a couple of minutes everything is fine, until the next day or do when it happens again.
Bt support have not been much use, as for them resetting the hub seems to be an acceptable fix that solves the problem as far as their flowchart goes as they don't seem prepared to do anything further.
Anyone have any suggestions for things to try?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt hub requires daily reset

When you say reset, do you mean a full factory reset via the recessed button or just a power cycle. If the latter try the former, if the former be more insistent with customer services that they send a replacement.

0 Ratings
jingies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

My 'quick fix' is a soft reset by pressing button on the top, but I have tried a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on the rear. The factory reset didn't seem to improve anything.
I'll try and persist with support, maybe tell that that a reset doesn't fix it to try and break out of their scripted loop.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @jingies,

If you have tried the factory reset without success, then I would agree with @licquorice and its most likely a faulty router.

Please post back an let us know how you get on?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
jingies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

After a more lengthy chat with bt support they are sending a new hub which will arrive tomorrow.

This time they ran some checks from their end, asked if problem was wired/wireless or both and if I had tried separating Ssids. And then had I tried factory reset. Since I had done all of these and was reluctant to arrange an engineer visit(!) they agreed hub likely problem.

I'll try to remember to post again once hub arrives.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the update @jingies  and do drop back and let us know how the new hub gets on.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
jingies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

So the new hub has arrived and everything has been connected and stable for about 24 hours, so looking good.

Only odd thing is that the Google music app on my phone now seems to take a very long time to populate the list of devices it can cast audio to (there are several WiFi speakers around the house) or sometimes the cast icon doesn't even appear. Not sure what is causing this, seems like the speakers aren't on the network when I can see that they are. Will keep an eye on it.
0 Ratings