cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eadmr04
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 62

Re: Bt hub wireless ok but no internet on my PC via Ethernet?

Sorry to be such a layman but how do I do this?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 62

Sorry, ignore last post. Go to Control Panel>Device manager> Network adaptors. select your adaptor and right click. Try updating the driver first, if that fails then uninstall and reinstall.

0 Ratings
eadmr04
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 62

Update, no difference. Uninstalled and reinstalled, no difference. Tried restart afterwards and full virus scan, still the same. Works for a minute or two if I set the DNS to auto or address 8.8.8.8 but the something makes it revert to 127.0.0.1???? I have also got IPV6 unticked and just IPV4 tucked as previously suggested. Thanks for all the suggestions but still keeps changing the DNS got some reason???? Any other suggestions gratefully received.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 62

Have you tried running a malware check with Malwarebytes, it sometimes picks up trojans that your AV misses.

Edit: You could also try flushing your DNS cache. Open a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 62

If you are going to do a virus scan or run a malware scan you are best to start your computer in safe mode then run the scans. This will stop anything from running that may interfere with the scans.

See link how to start in safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/start-computer-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows...

0 Ratings
eadmr04
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 62

Tried the malwarebytes and it picked up about 140 things that the other malware detector didn't, have out them all in quarantine but still the issues exists. Tried the command prompt but says "the requested operation requires elevation"?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 62

@eadmr04 wrote:
Tried the command prompt but says "the requested operation requires elevation"?

Before clicking on the command prompt, high light it with your mouse and right click, select "run as administrator" then run the flush.

0 Ratings
eadmr04
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 62

Tried starting in safe mode by holding the F8 key in restart but makes no difference and starts as normal?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 62

Don't just hold the F8 key, you need to keep repeatedly pressing it until the safe mode window appears. If it starts as normal you need to restart it again and repeatedly press the F8 key.

If you can not get into safe mode that way you can go to the Start button and in the search box type msconfig and click on the icon it brings up and go to the Boot tab and tick the box Safe mode.

Once the computer restarts run your scans. After you have completed the scans, bring up the msconfig box again and this time select the "Normal" tab and tick the box "Normal Start Up" and restart your computer.

0 Ratings
eadmr04
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 62

Thanks for all your help, will give it a go in the morning.
0 Ratings