Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Bt infinity

Hello all,

same problem as everyone else. Had bt infinity for a few weeks now. Guess what? Yes drops dozens of times during the day for 20-30 secs a time. Normal browsing no probs, just annoying. Kills on line gaming and streaming catch up.

When it is working, wireless speeds are about 20mbs. Better than sky but sky had no dropouts. We are 300m from the cabinet.

Phoned BT tech helpline. Abysmal. Took 46 mins to change the channel from smart to a single channel and turn off N wireless to just b/g. So pointless having N enabled devices and having a N modem if we are just going to switch it off. This was done on the 2.4 option, even though I told them I was connected to 5ghz. So we did them same on 5 as well. They also told me my service has never dropped out. There's nothing wrong with my service and the two people I spoke to contradicted each other. One telling me my devices will connect to 2.4 when I'm close to the HH5 and 5 when I'm further away, only for the next person to tell me the opposite.

Its still dropping out. BT PHONE HELP IS USELESS. Indian call centres, advisors not knowing their job. Just reading from a script. 

Reading everyones posts on here, it is clear with the HH5, BT's line and service, out of the box no one has an uninterrupted service. No one.

Thanks for nothing BT. Take my money and run.

Frustrated and rpped off,

Ian

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
dfenceman
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bt infinity

What about the thousands, or millions, that never post on here ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Ian555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Ps

when it drops out, my device is still connected to the wireless network the HH5 creates. But is the Internet connection, lack of browsing or streaming that drops out. So the connection online fails not the wireless network, as I'm still connected to it.

0 Ratings
Ian555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

For an expert your reply really helped me out.

many thanks and best regards.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

I think defenceman was only correcting your incorrect statement

'Reading everyones posts on here, it is clear with the HH5, BT's line and service, out of the box no one has an uninterrupted service. No one.'

only people that normally post on forum are people with problems and the vast majority with no problems do not post

can you go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats 1-12

can you enetr your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

was it a self install or openreach or contractor?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ian555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your post.

My first post was an obvious exaggeration. The point? To say there was an obvious problem with BT's infinity broadband and the fact it took the helpline 46 mins to change channel in the settings is a huge fail.

It's no surprise and telling the first poster who replied preferred to latch on to the exaggeration rather than help.

I'll do the check and report back.

Regards,

0 Ratings
Ian555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

<p>Imjolly,</p>
<p>thanks for your patience. It was a self install. Plugged into the main bt socket via the supplied microfilter.
Do you an email address to send you screen grabs you asked for. Browser keeps crashing when I try to add them here.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

If you are having trouble with copy ctrl+c and paste ctrl+v then you can try PM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings