cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bt mini connectors

I've recently purchased bt tv. I didn't realise at the time that the box required a hard wired connection. I was going to go ahead and purchase the bt mini connectors when I realised that the plugs are bulky and will not fit the plug socket I would need to use. So my question is; do I pay to have the ethernet routed round my house to the TV, should I pay an electrician to move my plug socket slightly or is there another solution that I've not thought of?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt mini connectors

@Samjb1988Ethernet is always the most reliable way to go, however you do not have to use BT mini connectors, there are many others that are smaller and work just as well if not better.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Unfortunately the plug socket is a single socket and directly under a cupboard which makes any connector of that sort impossible without moving the cupboard. Would it be best to get a bt to route the ethernet cable? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Internal wiring is your responsibility, either run it yourself or get somebody local in to do it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@Samjb1988 wrote:

Unfortunately the plug socket is a single socket and directly under a cupboard which makes any connector of that sort impossible without moving the cupboard. Would it be best to get a bt to route the ethernet cable? 

@Samjb1988 You can use a short mains extension lead, provided its not a filtered or surge protected one. That might be long enough to reach away from the cupboard.

The BT mini connectors are provided at a discounted rate (£20) to BT TV customers, so do not buy them retail.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/How-to-connect-YouView-Box-when-hub-in-another-room/m-p/...

0 Ratings