cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Bt smart hub 2

I want to show separate networks for 2.4 and 5 ghz but there doesn’t seem a way to do this in smart 2 home manager.  There is only one box to change the network name for both. Also how do you contact BT support. They don’t make it easy to contact them for help. Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt smart hub 2

I'm afraid it isn't possible to give the bands different SSIDs on the SH2.

You will probably get much better support on this forum than any BT help desk.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Ok thanks for your help. That is quite a downside for something that bt push as a great router. Surely that’s a pretty basic requirement for people with smart devices.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Kimm wrote:

Ok thanks for your help. That is quite a downside for something that bt push as a great router. Surely that’s a pretty basic requirement for people with smart devices.

Most smart devices are only 2.4GHz anyway, and would not even see the 5GHz signal, so it should not be a problem.

It more of an issue with dual band devices which keep switching between bands.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Not sure about that. My devices are 2.4 only and won’t connect. I found a work around which was to turn off 5ghz then connect the device then turn 5 ghz back on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

@Kimmwrote:

Not sure about that. My devices are 2.4 only and won’t connect. I found a work around which was to turn off 5ghz then connect the device then turn 5 ghz back on.

That seems to be the standard 'fix'

0 Ratings