Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffzes
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bt super hub 6

Go to solution
Just signed up. Few questions
On my current isp I have a router than plugs into my pc from the extension socket upstairs the master socket just has a plug on. Do I plug the hub into the master socket downstairs when I get it? That means I won't have a router on my room? I use wifi on my phone but not on my PC

Are the security on the bt hub and the bt virus protect separate? I don't use mcafee so would use my own anti virus as I've read it the virus protect sliws down the browsing?
Does the bt hub need added protection? When I'm surfing wifi will it be safe

Finally do I need to change my default password on my hub so people can't get into it using the general default password

Many thanks
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt super hub 6

Go to solution

If your current ISP router works how you have it connected , the Home Hub will work exactly the same, its just another router.

Routers don't have anti virus protection/security.

Use your own anti virus.

There is no default password for the hub, each hub has a discrete password which you can change if you so wish.

Jeffzes
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Are there any wires to go into back of my pc?
Do I plug the hub into my phone socket upstairs with the pc or the main phone socket downstairs?
Thanks
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

just use the current cable which comes from socket to your existing router and it should conenct to the dsl socket on the hub  connect the ethernet cable from your pc to 1 of the 4 ports on the hub  connection should be ok  just plug and play

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Jeffzes wrote:
Are there any wires to go into back of my pc?
Do I plug the hub into my phone socket upstairs with the pc or the main phone socket downstairs?
Thanks

Just connect it exactly the same as your existing router, it is no different.