cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Bt tv box pro and full fibre cannot see my LG smart tv

Today I had full fibre high speed broadband installed at home. Everything was ready, my new aerial was working -, Installed by BT - new kit -hub, tV box pro and disk delivered. The BT5 technician turned up early and installed the fibre in  my house. Everything was ready to go

I want to locate the TV on the ground floor accessing the router/hub immediately overhead on the floor above where I have my home office. via WiFi.  I do this at present using my smart LG tvs  on broadband.and using its built in apps.. The difference now is I will be running the full BT package on my TV. Same TV. I was assured by Dundee Customer customer support today that that this use of WiFi js available in my area. It didn't work.  It doesn't work. The LG TV can't see the BT box pro, or maybe it is the other way round. 

Dundee confirmed they could see my BT box and everything connected to it except not my LG.tv. I could see the WiFi on my tablet and it reported an excellent signal in the same room as the TV. The TV box pro user guide says it can only run WiFi on 5ghz WiFi but I think my TV is capable of that. Maybe the WiFi only works on very specific tvs?

Dundee could not log a call for me because my set up has not yet formally arrived on the system there. Hopefully by tomorrow sometime. Meanwhile anyone got any ideas?If it turns out the new WiFi access to the hu. Doesn't work. I suppose I shall have to consider tacking a run of ethernet down the outside of the house. Which woukd be pretty disappointing. 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Bt tv box pro and full fibre cannot see my LG smart tv

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Hi @Rockette 

Can I check that you have an HDMI cable that connects your TV Box Pro to your TV  ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Yes the one supplied in the box with the TV box pro. There are three cables in the TV box pro, a power supply, an HDML cable connecting it to the TV and the aerial connected viathe aerial in socket 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

How do I do that? . Bt Tech said he had left it ready to go and I didnt need to do anything to the hub

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

By following the instructions in the link I conveniently posted

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Hi @Rockette,

Thank you for posting.

The BT TV Pro box would connect by WiFi to your BT Hub downstairs. You would connect the Pro Box by HDMI to your TV. If your TV can't see the Pro box, I would suggest changing the HDMI cable or trying another HDMI port on the TV.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

No BT smart set up wizard has appeared in my browser at any stage. Therfore I have no access to it to turn off any function. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

I have now tried 2 different HDMI ports on the LG TV. I noticed a visual of an HDMI port briefly flashed on the tv screen when I plugged it nto the second one on the TV.. Which suggests some contact made. The HDMI cable I am using is the one supplied in the box with the BT TV box pro. I tested the aerial when it was first installed and it ran Freeview OK then - around two weeks ago.  My Virgin line is still active for another few days and the LG smart OS can see it OK and open its own apps it using it

The BT hub is upstairs glowing a steady purple and the LG tv is immediately beneath it on the floor below. Tv box glowing purple. Connected to TV as shown in user guide.. At present the Virgin hub is upstairs and communicates fine with the LG tv via WiFi.  On the LG settings menu I can see options for both Virgin and BT WiFi.  I can switch between them on my tablet. I cannot get the BT tv box pro to "see" my LG tv over WiFi at all - it just registers NO signal. 

, works fine to coondct LG smart os to hub via WiFi. The devices are all.on and not malfunctioning. I can see the BT hub via the LG

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

If the hub lights are purple then your broadband isn't working