cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BtHub6 disconnecting some devices

I have had my router for nearly 3 years with no real problems. Firmware shows an update in December 2020.

Initially, I thought it was a 'one off' but the Hub is now regularly (at least weekly, sometimes more frequent) disconnecting some devices, specifically a printer and 2 laptops. All these are less than a year old. As an example, if I go to print something the printer does not show on the available printer list. The Hub shows it as 'disconnected'. If I try the printer settings, it sees the SSID but cannot connect to it. Restarting the printer has no effect.

The only consistent remedy is to restart the Hub which is annoying to the other users in the home.

2.4 and 5Ghz have different names for their SSID. Smart Setup is disabled.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BtHub6 disconnecting some devices

Have you tried a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash. Remember to turn of smart setup and split the wireless network again so your wireless devices will connect automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. Will try that and report back after a few days.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

My printer is again showing as "disconnected" on the router settings. Restarting the hub, as before, was the only solution.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I am getting exactly the same problem just lately with the home hub 6 . Just randomly, the wi-fi doesn't connect to a particular device - sometimes the laptop, sometimes the printer or any individual device even though it connects fine to other devices such as my phone --its just as if the affected devices have been suddenly locked out and the only solution is to re-start the hub (which immediately resolves the issue- for a while).  I'm not sure if its a fault with the hub or if BT have changed the software as its only been happening over the last few months but its starting to get more frequent, so will be most likely be contacting support soon!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Russb 

I think you are very unlikely to be contacted by BT SUPPORT as they won't be able to tell you have a problem unless you report it to 150

Have you tried selecting the wireless channels manually instead of auto by using a WiFi analyser on your phone and selecting a free or less congested channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Re: BtHub6 distconnecting some devices

• Thanks for your reply, I'll see if I can work out how to do that otherwise, I'll call support and ask for a new hub
0 Ratings