cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadoXX
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BtWifi & Openzone

Morning Everyone! Just a quick question, where does this bt wifi hotspots comes from?

Btwifi

Bt-Openzone

Bt-Wifi-X

BtWifi-with-Fon

Does all this hotspots comes from close neighbours router who has broadband on contract,or its comes from somewhere else?

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BtWifi & Openzone

From neighbours.

0 Ratings
RadoXX
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your reply, The next question is are this wifi hotspots on the same channel? for example in my area there is 4 wifihotspots, but all this 4 is displayed as one when i search wifi on my phone.Correct me if i am wrong.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

If you download wifi analyzer app to your phone (assuming Android) you will see what channels they are transmitting on.

0 Ratings
BT Expert
Message 5 of 7

Also to add to 

BT ExpertJamesC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on technical queries, where I can. Go here for more info.
RadoXX
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

My question was a bit different. What i was asking for is if i have 5 neghbours in my area using bt broadband, when i scan for wi-fi networks i can see bt wifi with fon only as 1 name. does it means when i connect to wifi it will connect to all 5 neighbours?

0 Ratings
BT Expert
Message 7 of 7

You will only connect the same device to one of the BTWifi BSSIDs at a time (your device will usually connect to the one with the strongest wifi signal), so your device will not connect to all 5 at the same time. However if you are walking a distance from A to B which is covered by multiple routers/access points transmitting one of the BTWifi SSIDs then your device may hop between them.

BT ExpertJamesC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on technical queries, where I can. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings