Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alka5eltzer
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Business Hub 5 and existing router - firewall Draytek Vigor 2830

Hi All,

My company currently has a fixed wireless internet connection. I use a Draytek Vigor 2830 router/firewall to manage this connection.
I also have VPN's and remote users connecting in via this.

We are now moving to BT Business Infinity.

As far as I know, the Business Hub 5 does not allow for many of the options/features that the Vigor 2830 has so I'd like to keep using the 2830.

I've spoken to Draytek support asking them how to set up the 2830 with the Business Hub 5 and this is their response:

- Please set your BT Business HUB 5 in modem mode and connect it to WAN2 of the Vigor 2830 after which please log into the web user interface of the router and please navigate to WAN >>Internet Access >> WAN 2 .Please select PPPoE as your access mode please sure it is enabled and introduce the relevant details in the username and password field.

But looking through these forums, apparently the Business HUB 5 doesn't have a Modem only mode?

Is this the case? If it doesn't - does anyone know how I could set up the Business Hub 5 just to be a straight through connection and allow the Vigor 2830 to do all the work?

Thanks Smiley Wink

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Business Hub 5 and existing router - firewall Draytek Vigor 2830

It would be far simpler to just buy a standalone modem. Such as the Vigor130

0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Business Hub 5 and existing router - firewall Draytek Vigor 2830

Just buy an Openreach HG612 modem from Amazon or eBay.

That is pretty much what I do with my Business Infinity connections. The other trick is when the engineer turns up to install make sure you have a BT Business Hub 3 so they are forced to give you a modem. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings