cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Buying WiFi Discs

Hi all,

Does anybody know if its possible to buy WiFi discs from BT.com? I keep trying to buy them from here (https://www.bt.com/broadband/accessories) but it errors every time I try to proceed. 

Does anybody have experience with this? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Buying WiFi Discs

@jhl23 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Why would you want to buy one, they are very expensive for what they are. There are much better options.

They only work with the BT Smart Hub 2 anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply, Keith.

Good question - I have BT Full Fibre 500 with a BT Smart Hub 2.

Upstairs in my office I am around 15 metres away from the router and the speeds drop significantly between when I test downstairs and upstairs. I am looking for a solution to have faster speeds in my office when working on my laptop. So I was looking into using Wifi Discs as one option. 

Wired is one option but I want that to be a last resort as it will involve drilling holes in walls/frames.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@jhl23 

Realistically, if you want the full speed, then Ethernet is going to be the only way, as any wireless solution is going to be inferior due to wireless interference.

The next best solution would probably be Powerline adapters.

Look at this range https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/?filterby=5799

If you do not want wireless connectivity, then this one may be best TL-PA7027P KIT

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

But note that the speed ratings of all powerline adapters are works of fiction. Search out real world reviews before buying to set expectations.

Just out of curiosity, what speed do you get compared to the speed you need? And I mean need rather than would like. 😉

0 Ratings