cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

CCTV Camera has gone off lind

Go to solution

Hi

I have had a CCTV Camera installed last year and it was working fine until recently. I thought that it was the update to the app for the camera. The tech support of the camera have tried everything until I checked my BT account. All of my devices are connected with good service but my camera has gone off line. Tech support for the camera are trying to download firmware but if it is off line then they cannot do anything. It is a stand alone camera. How can I get it back on line again. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Regards

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: CCTV Camera has gone off lind

Go to solution

Can you not connect to it even when using the local IP address?

How is the camera connected to the router? if by powerline converter then switch them and the camera off at the mains, wait about 60s and power them back up.

If it's not that, do you know the IP address assigned and is it static or dynamic? If dynamic then it may be that it's changed

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Re: CCTV Camera has gone off line

Go to solution

The camera was connected to power line. It was working fine but then, I noticed that it stopped working. The tech support for the camera said that they can update the firmware but I kept on getting either "sd card  not formatted"or connection problem. When I did manage to get connected, FTP settings were already there. Now they are blank. I have tried the factory reset to no avail. It was not until I thought of checking my speed and then devices that I noticed that my camera is shown as off line. Why? I have no idea. There is nothing on BT hub to make it go online. I have broughtthe camera in and used it with the cable to connect to Internet but still it is off line.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

The chances are that the factory reset deleted the  FTP settings and the IP address is now in the 169.xxx.xxx.xxx range and set to dynamic. In short you will need to go through the same detection and set up procedure that you went through when you first installed the camera

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks. It was easy to install when I first installed  the camera as it automatically connected via cable. Now try as I might, it won't.  I manually added the FTP address and apparently  the test failed. So I have no idea  what is happening or where to go except  having a very expensive  camera sitting here doing nothing. It is a groundhog day.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

What's the make & model?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

It is reolink RLC-511W.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I don't  have a computer. I used my phone ortablet and the android app in the past. Hence I can not change anything. The problem is that one minute, there is no IP address and the next, it is all there. It is like my camera has been hacked.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

I think it's unlikely to have been hacked. More likely the powerline converters got all screwed up anda simple power down and restart would have corrected that but you will have lost all the camera settings when you performed the factory reset. 

From what I've seen on the manufacturers website I suggest that you power down the camera and the power line converters and wait 30 sec's before powering up the PL converters and wait another 30 sec's before powering up the camera then reset the app on your phone or tablet so that it is back to the same state as it was when you first installed it and start again, the app should then search for the camera and add it to it's list of cameras.

If it still doesn't work then I would test the PL converters using another piece of kit to see if you get an internet connection 

0 Ratings