cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: CCTV Camera has gone off lind

Go to solution

Thank you for your response. I feel naive to ask what is power up and power down. I can only assume that to attach the power cable or switch it off. But PL converters? I have no idea. There are 3 cables attached to the camera. One is a reset, second for power and the last for Internet. Life and things are not supposed to be hard. Apparently the company does not know what the problem is. So I will look at it another waste of money in the name of technology.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

It seems a shame to write it off, it's probably perfectly o.k. You've just lost communication with it for some reason. 

Sorry if I confused you, that was not my intention, PL was just my lazy way of writing Power Line Converter, power up and down means to disconnect the power source.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you for your support. I think I understood you on power up and down. But thanks for clarifying. I am still trying. I think that it might be a good idea to let the camera totally run out of power and then start again. You are right that it is a shame but I continue to get conflicting messages about SD card formatting and no connection when I know that there is a perfectly good connection. I am resetting it to start again without any password but it does not seem to work even after resetting. I have cleaned the cache, deleted the camera, added the camera, deleted the app, re installed the app but nothing seem to work. They are apparently going to talk to an engineer so I will have to wait and see. But I am so grateful for all your time and advice.  Regards.

PS: if I manage to sort it out, I will update you on this saga. 

Message 14 of 15

Re: CCTV Camera has gone off line

Go to solution

Hi Les-Gibson

Just a quick update. I powered down the camera for15 minutes, reset the password, deleted the camera and app, disconnected  the cable and then step by step eliminated the causes. Until I managed to change the admin password. Then realised that FTP was on but I am not using FTP server at present so turned it off. I still kept getting the message that sd card needs formatting. So I changed the SD card. It appears to be working. Now I hope that Reolink fulfil their promise to remotely update the firmware.

Thank you for your help. I hope that it helps other in future.

Message 15 of 15

Re: CCTV Camera has gone off line

Go to solution

Hi @sg00des ,

Thanks for getting back and letting us know you got this sorted. We really appreciate you taking time ot do that and I'm sure this will help other members with a similar problem.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings