cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

CCTV Static IP address

Help ! I am on a Business account solely to have remote  access to my CCTV cameras with a static IP address. BT told me this was the only way to achieve this.Hence I am paying for a residential phone line with ( +BTsport)AND a business account. However I cant believe everyone who has CCTV cameras is doing this? Is it possible to have just a residential account ( with a dynamic IP address)and still view my  cameras ? BT tell me its not possible , but that cant be right.My CCTV cameras connect through my HUB- If I get a dynamic IP address HUB on residential , isnt it just about going into the HUB settings and changing the CCTV address ( its just internal right?) into a static one?....or does the fact the residential HUB IP address is dynamic  make this not possible ? Desperate for some help here...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: CCTV Static IP address

I'm afraid you were told complete rubbish, it is perfectly possible to view your camera with a dynamic public ip address. You need to register with a dynamic dns provider such as noip or dyndns which track your changing address and allow you to access the camera via a constant host name.

The hub even has a selectable list of Dynamic DNS providers to choose from to provide the correct settings in the advanced menu.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

The camera will need to have a static local IP address outside of the DHCP range of the hub, i.e 192.168.1.10 which you will need to set on the camera itself rather than relying on the hub address reservation.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

You may find that the manufacturer of your CCTV system provides a static IP service that you can use. I know that Swann CCTV systems do this.

0 Ratings