cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 35

CCTV camera

I would like to purchase a wifi CCTV camera but I am using the new hub 2. The camera I want to purchase uses 2.4ghz so will I be able to connect to the hub. I don't want to use wires all over the house so no ethernet cable 

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 35

Re: CCTV camera

I don't see any reason why not, why do you doubt it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 35

The reason I ask is because the hub 2uses 5kHz and the camera I want to purchase only uses 2.4ghz and you can't change your hub. I just really don't want to purchase the camera and it won't connect to my hub

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 35

Sorry should have said 5ghz silly auto correct 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 35

The Hub 2 uses both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

As long as you site camera within range of the wi-fi, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

You'd be best advised to turn off Smart Setup if you haven't already done so.

You'll also need to setup Port Forwarding if you wish to view the camera whilst away from home.

Ideally the camera should be assigned a static IP Address. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 35

The hub uses both 5GHz and 2.4 GHz, however, it gives both frequencies the same SSID. This can cause problems for some devices but by no means all. In any case, if necessary, either frequency can be disabled.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 35

Thank you for your reply I am not techy so turning off smart setup I am lost there also how to set up port forwarding I am lost plus I just want to view the camera on my phone

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 35

How to turn off smart setup

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If you only want to view your camera when at home then you won't need to worry about port forwarding. If you want to view it remotely when away from your house via the internet then you will need to set up port forwarding.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 35

@Tillysolo1wrote:

Thank you for your reply I am not techy so turning off smart setup I am lost there also how to set up port forwarding I am lost plus I just want to view the camera on my phone

Port Forwarding is necessary if you want to view the camera away from home on whatever device

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 35

On to be young and clever I am an oap who just wants a little of security and that static address as me thinking is it all worth the worry but thanks again.

0 Ratings