cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmf
Message 1 of 3

CONNECTING TO MY BT BROADBAND

I went away for five days recently, returning last Tuesday 30 September.  When I turn on my laptop, and then log in, I usually get automatic connection to my Explorer, which instantly signs me into my machine without me having to do anything.  This time, however, I saw a page which urged me to log in to BT Wi-Fi/hotspot.  This mystified me as I have had my BT Broadband (not Infinity) for over a year and have never had this problem before.  My phone line is fine, as is my phone, I have checked my hub, turned everything on and off a few times, and still this is happening.  Now, to get online for anything, I first have to get through the nonsense that is this BT Wi-Fi page.  Does anyone else have this problem?  And how do I rectify it? Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: CONNECTING TO MY BT BROADBAND

try telling your laptop to delete or forget  BTwifi in the networks available and then sign in to your home SSID

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: CONNECTING TO MY BT BROADBAND

If you go into the "network and sharing centre" and click on "manage wifi networks", you can move your own hub ssid to the top of the list, and it will try to connect to your hub ssid first......:smileywink:

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........:smileywink:
0 Ratings