Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

CONNECTION OF PAVILION NOTEBOOK

Go to solution

I have a BTHub 5, to which is connected my Desktop (by Ethernet) and my Laptop, my TV (via Humax) and my Tablet (all three by Wi-Fi). Until yesterday (07/02/17), all worked perfectly, but suddently, yesterday, the connection with my Laptop failed. The Hub the Laptop (HP Pavilion Notebook 15) appears to be connected, but will not connect with the Internet. I’ve also connected with an Ethernet cable, the Laptop does not connect with the
Internet. Is this a problem for BT or Hewlett Packard. Regarding the Wi-Fi connection, should I try to reconfigure – and how do I do this? Since the TV and the Tablet work OK, I can’t see an issue with the Hub, but Userguide I have only gives information up to Windows 8, and I am using Windows 10.
I would be grateful for all advice.
Regards
Austin1

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: CONNECTION OF PAVILION NOTEBOOK

Go to solution

Check to see if there has been a Windows 10 update. If there has try re-starting your laptop by using the re-start option, not the switch off option.

If that doesn't work try ONE factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks. I've tried both suggestions and no success. Any other suggestions. Is this an issue with HP - or Microsoft (I can't get Microsoft Edge).

Regards.

Austin1 

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

If all your other devices are connecting OK by both wireless and Ethernet it would tend to indicate there is nothing wrong with the Homehub or your broadband connection and the fault lies with your laptop.

It is possibly a Windows 10 problem rather than a laptop hardware problem. This would tend to be supported by the fact that both the wireless and Ethernet connection on the laptop are not working.

You could try the following:

In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes

At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

0 Ratings
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks. I've followed your instructions, but had no success. I have the message: "Media disconnected", so operations 3,4,5 cannot be performed. I assume this means that the fault is with the laptop. Any further suggestions? Should I contact Microsoft? I realise that this maynot be your province, but would appreciate your help.

Regards

Austin1

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

It could be that your computer has IPv6 selected. Try disconnecting it as follows:

Select Start

In the search field type.ncpa.cpl and press enter.

In the new window right click on your wireless network connection and select properties

In “This connection uses the following items” section remove the tick beside Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) then press OK

Left click on Internet Protocol IPv4, click properties . Check the options to obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically.

Once done try and connect to internet.

If it still won't connect you could try uninstalling your network adaptor and letting Windows re-install it.

If you have a look at this link and scroll down to "uninstall network adaptor driver and re-start" and follow the instructions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

0 Ratings
Highlighted
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks. I followed all imstructions and - I'm not sure how - I have succeeded in restoring the connection with the router - both by WiFi and Ethernet. The WiFi Summary report showed no errors, but noted that WiFi was disconnected by driver. I upodated the driver and suppose that this did the trick. However, I can connect with the Internet only by Google Chrome and cannot get Microsoft Edge, which I did before the problems. I presume this is an issue with Microsoft. I can connect to Internet by Google Chrome but I would like to have access via Edge. Have you any further comments or suggestions?

Regards

Austin1

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Personally I would stick with Chrome but if you have a look through this link, there might be something there that will help you.

http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c04649091

0 Ratings
austin1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks. I'll stick with Chrome for the present. My main problem is solved - for which thanks again,

Austin1

0 Ratings