cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Can BT block World Of Warcraft?

Hello, firstly I have tried to ask online help fo the answer but I have been ignored by the operator because I would not supply my account number!.

The problem I have is that one of my family members is playing the game World of Warcraft all day every day and I was wondering if BT could block it. I am the bill payer and the account holder. It would have to be something BT did with the line as the person concerned would still have access to the router and would simply reset it and would reduce any work I may be able to do to block it.

I thank you for any help anyone might be able to provide or if there are people stuck in a similar position.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can BT block World Of Warcraft?

BT won't block it for you but if you are the account holder you could try Parental Controls which might help

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46768/~/bt-parental-controls---how-to-guide

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

If you do use the network based parental controls, then adding www.warcraft.com

to the "blocked" website list, should prevent access.

There may be a couple of others you may need to add as well.

It cannot be re-enabled by simply resetting the home hub, it can only be done by the account holder.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the replies 🙂

You see the thing is it is not just HTTP traffic that World of Warcraft uses, there are also servers that players connect to.

Is there a way to add port number blocking or IP address blocking in the parental controls?.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

The servers probably have web addresses as well, so you may be able to block them. You cannot block ports, and I doubt you can block IP addresses.

All you can do is to activate the controls, and block "games", and hopefully that will include most of the servers.

0 Ratings