Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alistair94
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Can BT do anything right?

Go to solution

Called today to renew contract. Was offered a SmartHub 6 free subject to £7.95 delivery charge. Conforming email received a couple of hours later showed I was getting a Home Hub 5 at cost of £45. Spent over ah hour on phone, was assured it would be sorted, received second email, still showing a Hub 5 at £45. Now being told Hub 5 is being sent out and I have to return it to get my £45 back!!! They are also sending out a Smarthub 6.  What a bunch of idiots. Makes me wonder if I was wise renewing.  

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Can BT do anything right?

Go to solution

did you use the options team to renew 0800800030?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alistair94
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

I called 0800 800 150

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

pity

options team are uk based and get better deal normally

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alistair94
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Jamie was UK based, their systems are just hopeless! Got text tonight at 6.20pm to say equipment would be delivered 22 July (today) between 7.00am and 6.00pm!!  Rather unlikely as wrong confirmation email was 4.00pm!!

0 Ratings
alistair94
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Unwanted and unordered Hub 5 arrived by Royal Mail tracked 24 hour delivery this morning!

0 Ratings
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution
You might be dealing with idiots but rest assured you're dealing with the best idiots the Country has to offer.

Why they can't have a system that just orders what you want, no of course not. You have to order something you don't want, wait for said thing you don't want to be delivered, you deliver it back, get your money refunded and then start the process all over again!
alistair94
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

To be fair - BT did call me on Monday and assured me this would be sorted out and no charge applied. The new Hub 6 arrived yesterday and seems a great improveent. Just need to keep an eye on my next bill!

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

I was told my HH6 would be free (apart from delivery) but I got a £50 charge for it on my bill.  BT have assured me it will be refunded on my next bill.

I'm not sure it's worth the delivery charge.

0 Ratings
alistair94
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Gues what - second BT Smart Hub 6 has just been delivered - they are a disaster of inefficiency!

0 Ratings