cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Badasafish
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Can I increase my upload?

I'm currently getting about 35meg down and 6 meg up. I'm a full time time streamer and as such I would love to be able to increase the quality of my steam but the 6 meg upload is not enough. Ideally I would like to stream at 6000kbps (currently at 3500kbps) and I would think I would need an upload of probably 8+meg for this to be stable and usable.

Is there anyway that I can increase my upload, perhaps by sacrificing part of my download?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can I increase my upload?

No there isn't.

0 Ratings
Badasafish
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Can I get an extra phone line and combine the 2 to get a faster internet connection?

Currently I have Superfast Fibre and get 30 down and 6 up.  As a streamer I'm looking to increase my upload so I can stream at a higher bitrate, ideally 6000kbps (currently at 3500kbps).  Is it possible to get an additional phone line and broadband connection and bind them together to get an overall higher speed?

Questions: Is it possible? Is it expensive? What sort of speeds could be achieved?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Re: Can I get an extra phone line and combine the 2 to get a faster internet connection?

BT do not support that type of service. You may be able to buy equipment which combines (bonds) the two data streams, but its not going to be cheap.

Netgear have a useful information page https://kb.netgear.com/30296/What-is-VDSL-Bonding

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 5 of 12

Re: Can I get an extra phone line and combine the 2 to get a faster internet connection?

As others have said you’d need an ISP that supports bonded FTTC connections (which basically means your gonna need to buy two or more subscriptions plus the hardware). I don’t think were allowed to link to other companies on the community so you’d need to google it. It could be worth maybe trying an unlimited mobile broadband package ? Also I’m assuming your plugged directly into the master socket etc etc ?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

0 Ratings
Xing_52
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

How it can be possible to combine 2 phone line? Is it really possible?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Hi @Xing_52,

Have you followed the link I posted ?

0 Ratings
Xing_52
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Nope, didnt know about that. well, i'll do it later. Is there any solution about combining 2 phone line?

Thankyou,
Xing

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

Hi @Xing_52 ,

Just follow the link and I think you will find the answer.

0 Ratings