cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Can I move my Smart Hub 6 from one room to another?

Ok so I'll try and give as much information as I know with this. My Smart Hub 6 is located in my hallway as this is where the openreach master socket is.

I want to move it to my bedroom upstairs so I can plug my Xbox One X directly in to the router as I have been having major issues with online lag for months. I have tried all the settings and ports under the sun (but if you want to see if there is something I haven't tried by all means recommend away).

I have a phone line in my room which works with my sky so I'm hoping (but not optimistic) there is some way of using this with the modem but can't figure out how I'd go about it (seriously my optimism is on the floor).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can I move my Smart Hub 6 from one room to another?

Which master socket do you have as you could connect the particular extension wiring assuming it is directly wired to master by connecting the wires to the data terminals in master

you could also use poweline adapters and leave router where it is

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

I'll be honest I'm not as tech as I'd like to (or should) be. It is an openreach socket with a face plate on it. Is this what you are asking?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Like one f these

test-socket-thumb.jpgfibre SSFP.jpgtest socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Yeah it looks exactly like that middle picture.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

did you consider powerline adapters which would be easier?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

It still wouldn't be truely wired. It would just be wired to something that is connected wirelessly. I don't see the point?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Poweline adapters do not use wireless, they use the mains wiring.

See https://www.shop.bt.com/mini-sites/connected-home/broadband-extenders

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Just move the 2 wires from the extension that are connected to terminals 2&5 on the removable faceplate of the master to the data extension terminals shown by the yellow arrow in the picture.

0 Ratings