cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Can I run a second modem router.

Go to solution

Hello,

I have super fast Broadband installed, but was wondering if I could use a second modem router that plugs into the phone socket.

I want to disable the wireless on my BT smart hub 2 so that the BT hub 2 is connected to my youview box by cable connection.

The other modem router that will be plugged in the phone socket all I will use it for is wireless connection that is all.

If I can do this it would be a great help, Please can someone let me know ?

Thanks

Matthewatlantos

Matthew
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can I run a second modem router.

Go to solution

No, that is not possible. You can only connect one modem/ router to the phone line.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

You could add a second router to your BT hub to your BT kit connected by Ethernet only and your WiFi can then provided by your own router.

@MATTHEWATLANT0Swrote:

Hello,

I have super fast Broadband installed, but was wondering if I could use a second modem router that plugs into the phone socket.

I want to disable the wireless on my BT smart hub 2 so that the BT hub 2 is connected to my youview box by cable connection.

The other modem router that will be plugged in the phone socket all I will use it for is wireless connection that is all.

If I can do this it would be a great help, Please can someone let me know ?

Thanks

Matthewatlantos

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hello,

Thanks for the answer 

Thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hello,

I have had the cable put in and the white box for super fast broadband, so BT told me that the broadband no longer comes down the phone line. So the phone socket on the wall were the broadband cable goes is empty, so that why I am asking the question with the BT smart home hub 2. That is plug in to the white box that is in my living room. Can I plug the other modem router into the phone socket on the wall, and disable the wireless on the BT smart hub 2. And the other router  just to have wireless enable and nothing else.

Hope this help,

I look forward to your response.

Thanks

Matthewatlant0s

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

No, you can't do that.

If you want to have 2 routers you will need to connect them together with an Ethernet cable. If you just want the second router as a WiFi access point, give it an IP address outside of the DHCP range of the hub, disable DHCP on the second router and connect them together LAN port to LAN port

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me, and thanks for the answer.

thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings