Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5

Can my BT Smart Hub 2 keep up?

Hello all / BT Community,

I've got the BT Smart Hub 2 with the Fibre 2 (which is in my name, my area fully and can highly go up to. Cannot go any higher speeds to the FTTC.) anyway I have got a question to ask ya'all 😊.

Can my BTSH2 (BT Smart Hub 2) keep up with my following connections:

Sky Q 1TB Main box (CAT 5, Ethernet. PORT 1 on the BTSH2)

Sky Q Minibox (WiFi)

My ASUS Laptop (WiFi)

Toshiba Smart TV (CAT5e on PORT 3 On the Network Switch)

HITACHI Living Room TV (WiFi) 

Netgear Ethernet Gigabit Switch on PORT 2 with a CAT5e on BTSH2

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (WiFi)

2 Sony Android smartphones (both on WiFi)

My brother's PlayStation 4 (CAT5e, Ethernet on PORT 1 on the Netgear Ethernet Gigabit Switch)

My Gaming PC (CAT5e, Ethernet on PORT 2 on the Netgear Ethernet Gigabit Switch)

My 2nd brother's Gaming PC (WiFi, will be changing to CAT5e Ethernet gaming in Feb 2021)

iPhone 6s (WiFi)

My question is can my Smart Hub 2 keep up with all this HEAVY network traffic, because the S20, PS4 and the 2 Gaming PC streaming in Ultra HD gaming etc.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NigelB72
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can my BT Smart Hub 2 keep up?

It's not a case of can the hub keep up but can your internet connection put up with the activity... By that I mean is your internet connection fast enough? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

Hello @NigelB72,

Well BT will only offer me Fibre 2 (which is the max that the BT Cabinet that I'm connected to will support) so I guess so then yes, do you have any tips to keep a perfect Internet connection for many devices connected over my network.

--

Kind reggards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Not really. It depends on the sync speed you're getting. We're on G-Fast and get around 170mbps and don't even get close to maxing it out regardless of how much is connected to it. We've got 2 mobiles, ps4, various streaming sticks, tablets, laptops etc and we have plenty of bandwidth in reserve. Log into your hub and you will be able to see you sync speed

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Hello again @NigelB72,

Been busy with family so I do apologise for the late reply, I wish my area / my street cabinet that I'm currently connected to would support G.Fast 😥.

Anyway my Downstream Sync Speed is like 66.969mbps & my Upstream Sync speed is 20mbps from the BT Retail servers back to the cabinet to a Copper Pair to my property. 

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings