cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Can someone help please, I have had full fibre on bt smart hub 2 for 2 weeks now

Go to solution

Since switching I cannot connect any of my smart devices , I have tried all suggestions on the forum,  Inc turning off 5Ghz , different modes , diagnostic checks ,resetting hub etc etc . My whole house is run by alexa and It is really concerning me now , bt are sending me another smart hub 2 but I honestly don't think this will solve the problem.  Any advice appreciated. 

Thanks 

Ken

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can someone help please, I have had full fibre on bt smart hub 2 for 2 weeks now

Go to solution

have you turned of smart setup  

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: Can someone help please, I have had full fibre on bt smart hub 2 for 2 weeks now

Go to solution
Yes thanks , tried with off and on
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

i have many many Alexa devices connected to my SH2 without a problem .  The devices 'saw' the SH2 SSID and given the password connected without any problems

do your devices 'see' the SH2 SSID?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Other than "smart" devices, do any of your devices connect to the hub?

Have you tried a factory reset of the Smarthub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

Have you tried a factory reset of your "Alexa" device to clear out any residual settings from your previous ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Have you factory reset the problem devices? If not something that might be worth a try is to change the WiFi SSID & password of the SH2 to match whatever it was with the previous router. This will only work if the previous router also had both WiFi bands bound to the same SSID, as you can't split them with the SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

OK thankyou

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I will give that a try , thankyou

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thankyou to every one who offered help and advice  , great community, I think I have sorted , ie 5ghz turned off , smart set up turned off and found a smart life manual on line that showed me an alternative way to connect by using the device wifi signal , thank you all again .

Search smart life app manual.

0 Ratings