Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 18

Can't access a website - HELP!

Go to solution

Hi all

I need to access the following website but for some reason it won't work on my BT infinity broadband. BT support as usual is pants.

website is www.gosforthacademy.org.uk

Using the same devices (phone, laptop, Ipad) we can access this on other ISP's (sky, virgin, even 4g) just not via BT broadband.

Have been passed over here by BT support as they don't have a clue.

I've enabled parental controls (was off previously) and added the website in on the whitelist - still no-go.

Anyone else able to access the website?

Ive reset my hub 5 and checked multiple browsers. again, works fine outside bt broadband just on with bt broadband.

Ready to change ISP 😞

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: Can't access a website - HELP!

Go to solution

Hi @davem48 

Welcome to the Community!

I think it's hosts you need to change, not ISP. Or at least the configuration of your site. 

I still had problems, even when loading off BT.

Two(!) of my usual page-speed test utilities failed to load the site at all. Perhaps speak to your host support (if available) or web developer.

Thanks,
AJ

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

@davem48wrote:

Hi all

I need to access the following website but for some reason it won't work on my BT infinity broadband. BT support as usual is pants.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

The issue is with the site I'm afraid. I've tried various accesses, including changing DNS to use Googles - and no available.

How long has this been happening?

Strange that the helpdesk sent you here, which is good news as at least they know about it - but they should have been able to at least give some detail about failure to connect.

There are many other websites hosted on the same IP address, and trying to access a couple of them also fails.

Is the site actually working fine via the other connections you mentioned, or do they just show a website which may be cached?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

@albertjwrote:

I think it's hosts you need to change, not ISP. Or at least the configuration of your site. 

I don't think it's the OP's site ...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

@Andy_N wrote:

@davem48wrote:

Hi all

The issue is with the site I'm afraid. I've tried various accesses, including changing DNS to use Googles - and no available.

Strange that the helpdesk sent you here, which is good news as at least they know about it - but they should have been able to at least give some detail about failure to connect.

There are many other websites hosted on the same IP address, and trying to access a couple of them also fails.

Is the site actually working fine via the other connections you mentioned, or do they just show a website which may be cached?

If the issue were the website then the problem would appear across ISP's. It doesn't so its not a website issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

@pippincpwrote:

@Andy_Nwrote:

@davem48wrote:

Hi all

If the issue were the website then the problem would appear across ISP's. It doesn't so its not a website issue.

The problem does occur across ISPs, at least for me. I'm pretty sure it's the host, myself. 

--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

@Andy_Nwrote:

@albertjwrote:

I don't think it's the OP's site ...

Neither, after reading your post 😊

Now, I too, have tried to access sites on the same IP with similar issues.

--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Hi all -thanks for the quick responses. I'm not sure it is the host site. This is a school sitwe my kids need to use for homework. Other friends of theirs on virgin, sky, talk talk, etc can access the site fine. Even on 3/4g the site opens fine. the issue is only with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

I can open that site from your link OK, maybe it was just a temporary thing?

0 Ratings