cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Can’t connect Bose SoundTouch to homehub 2

Go to solution

I have a bose SoundTouch portable speaker and a homehub2. I can’t connect it to the hub. It fails at the point the speaker is trying to connect to the hub. I have tried to change the hub’s settings but no joy so far. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

I have tried resetting the speaker and switching off the 5ghz channel (it only works on 2.4) but no joy.

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can’t connect Bose SoundTouch to homehub 2

Go to solution

@Gladiolus 

You're trying to connect the Bose to the BT Hub?

You're meant to connect it via wifi to your TV, phone or tablet etc as required via bluetooth!

There's lots of helpful information on the net to help you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Gladiolus Thanks for posting, have you tried turning off smart setup on the Home Hub? Check out the link for instructions.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I obviously wasn’t clear. I know how to connect it to my home network via the SoundTouch app but it always fails at the point where, I assume, it is trying to get accepted onto the network via the hub. Hence the amber light. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for the suggestion but it didn’t make any difference. Anything else I can try?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Gladioluswrote:

I obviously wasn’t clear. I know how to connect it to my home network via the SoundTouch app but it always fails at the point where, I assume, it is trying to get accepted onto the network via the hub. Hence the amber light. 

I can take my Bose on holiday, round friends, family etc and it works perfectly well. The Bose is NOT concerned with your Hub, rather, it is looking to connect to devices that require the services of a speaker.

My Bose is recognised by my iPhone (x 2), iPad (x 2) and a small PC workstation.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Carlusha You may have a different device to mine then. Mine only has wifi. It does not have Bluetooth. It must therefore connect to the home network in order for me to use it and for it to connect to services like Spotify. 

I can tell it which SSID to connect to via the app but when it tries, it fails. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
@Carlusha

I have and had no joy...until I did a reset via my PC instead of the app on my tablet and now it works :-). Thanks for yr help