cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joyjoy
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Can't connect Humax VPF-4000T to HomeHub 2.0

we have a new Humax VPF-4000T which we cannot wirelessly connect to our homehub 2.0.  In network settings, it can see the router and displays the signal strength but whenever we try to connect we get a connection failed message.  Sometimes it shows that the Humax is connected to the router, but the router is not connected to the Internet (even though it definitely is on other devices).  Tried the usual sequenced turning off and on but not worked.

Humax support said that I need to open up ports:

http: 80

http: 8080

Ssl: 443

i have logged into my router, but can't see how to open these ports.  I tried adding them through port forwarding but that didn't work.

any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't connect Humax VPF-4000T to HomeHub 2.0

If you are connecting to the Humax via wireless you will need to enter the Homehub's wireless passkey into the Humax at some point in the set up/connect sequence. Are you being offered this option? If you are have you entered the wireless passkey?

0 Ratings
Joyjoy
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Yep, I've entered that many times.  It accepts the password but still no connection.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Sorry to sound pedantic but you say password. Are you using the wireless passkey because there is a password on the Homehub as well but that is for the admin page.

0 Ratings
Joyjoy
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Yes, the pass key (although out of desperation I've tried all of them!!).
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

You would be better off connecting using an Ethernet cable or broadband extenders, I assume it has an Ethernet port?

0 Ratings
Joyjoy
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

The Humax support said about opening up these ports. Is that not an option?
0 Ratings