cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulaC
Message 11 of 20

Re: Can't connect Kindle Fire HD to BT Home Hub 3

I just reset the router etc like you said just now but it didn't work.  When I tried to connect I entered the password and it went through a process of "obtaining IP address" and then it changed to "saved", it did this 4 times and then changed to authenticating and then back to the red error message "DHCP error - could not connect to internet" 

0 Ratings
scott_johnston
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

i would change your settings back to b/g/n because its a N device and this will make it slower. I would try what gg30340 suggested and delete the network profile on the device and maybe delete from the hub as well go to 192.168.1.254>advanced settings>home network>devices find the device from the IP>click on it> delete device>ok. Then to reconnect to network

0 Ratings
PaulaC
Message 13 of 20

I changed the setting back earlier when it didn't work.  I've reset everything as gg30340 suggested but that hasn't worked either.  I've also done as you suggested and deleted it from the hub, this never worked 😞 I give up! I've never had trouble with any other device and this one has tested me to the limit

0 Ratings
scott_johnston
Contributor
Message 14 of 20

is your hub a hh3 because you never confirmed it and maybe try using a static Ip address hold you finger on network choose advanced settings and click on static ip.

IP address 192.168.1.**

router: 192.168.1.254

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

dns 192.168.1.254

0 Ratings
PaulaC
Message 15 of 20

Sorry yea it's a HH3. When I'm trying to use the static IP the Kindle is asking me for network prefix length, DNS 1 & DNS 2 but there's nowhere to put the subnet mask number you've given me??

0 Ratings
scott_johnston
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Try using 192.168.1.254 for both DNS servers 

network length prefix: 24

0 Ratings
PaulaC
Message 17 of 20

I tried that and now it's saying connected but the wireless icon in the top right corner has the cross on it! I think it will be getting returned to the shop at this rate

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 20

Just to confirm that you are trying to connect to your BTHomehub SSid which should be something like BTHomehub3-xxxx and not the BTWifi SSid.

0 Ratings
scott_johnston
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

restart the kindle to apply settings?

0 Ratings
PaulaC
Message 20 of 20

Yea that's the one I'm trying to connect to

0 Ratings