cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Can’t connect a camera doorbell

Hi I’m posting on behalf of my mum, we have tried to connect a smart camera doorbell to her WiFi she has a BT smart hub but it keeps failing to pair, I have switched off the 5ghz signal and smart setup. I don’t know what else to try.... I connected the camera to my ee routers WiFi in a couple of minutes 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can’t connect a camera doorbell

Try enabling UPnP

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi thankyou for your reply, I’m not overly tech savvy, how would I go about doing this?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

This is switched on but still not working I have also tried different wireless modes with no joy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I too have a Ring doorbell and Smarthub 2 and went through exactly the same performance as you. However, I persisted and after about 15 attempts it eventually paired and has worked perfectly ever since. Why it took so many attempts I have no idea.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Try turning the routers 5GHz off and set the 2.4Ghz to channels 1 , 6 & 11 in turn. If that doesn't work try

Open up your Ring device’s ability to communicate

• Set a static IP. You can also set a static IP during the setup process in the Ring application. e.g anything between 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.63

Note: Ensure the address you provide is outside the range of your DHCP server in order to prevent an IP conflict.
(DHCP range starts at 192.168.1.64)

Once a Static IP is in place, try the following

• Move your ring device to the DMZ (demilitarized zone).Using the IP address you reserved, place your Ring device in the demilitarized zone (sometimes referred to as IP passthrough) of your router. This will allow the Ring device’s traffic to pass through any security settings that may be preventing connection.

original copied from

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360023086271-Fixing-Device-Setup-Errors-by-Adjusting-Your....

0 Ratings