cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Badweather1988
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Can't connect mobile phone to Broadband

My partner and I recently returned from holiday and can longer connect our mobile phones to our wifi?

All other device connect fine (Amazon fire stick, laptops etc)

We have tried forgetting the network and reconnecting again. We type in the wifi password and it keeps trying to connect but never does. We have reset the hub and our phones will then connect to the wifi for 5 mins, then it loses it again! Please help! Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't connect mobile phone to Broadband

Best not to reset the hub too many times.

Since your other devices are connected, there cannot be anything amiss with your hub. For your phones, try turning off completely, leave them alone for at least a minute and then try and reconnect.

I used to have this problem with my Android but since converting to iPhone (now on 4th), I haven't had a problem - arrive home and phones immediately connect.

0 Ratings
Badweather1988
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for trying to help Carlusha, will give this a go. I'm on Android and my girlfriend is on iPhone so cant be any issues with either of them.

I haven't tried resetting the hub many times only once or twice since Wednesday.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Make sure that you have location services turned on on the android phone. Enable location service for 30 seconds or so before enabling wi-fi. The connection can sometimes become confused and the Android will connect to a BT Wi-fi hotspot which may be weak. For iPhone......sometimes slow in connecting, but location services are always on. Perhaps you can check, this and other settings to be sure.

0 Ratings