cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oscar_Out
Message 1 of 6

Can’t connect to Smart Hub 2 through MyBT app

Now that BT has removed access controls from the router manager (mistakenly in my opinion) and forces people to use the MyBt app, I cannot remove or managed any access controls for devices.

I have been unable to connect the app through the “Your WiFi Network”, it will not connect even through manual connection.

I have previously renamed my wifi SSID and changed the default passwords (as not all BT customers want to use default settings), the device I’m using the app on is connected by wifi to the SH2 router but app still can’t see network.

Really trying to avoid factory reset!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can’t connect to Smart Hub 2 through MyBT app

is your app up to date?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Oscar_Out
Message 3 of 6

Yes, app and firmware are up to date.

Looks like it needs to be reset to original SSID and password, then connect app and rename through app!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

my SSID is changed but not the admin password - that works for me without a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Abbasbot
Message 5 of 6

Exact same scenario and problem here. This has happened to me after purchasing a new phone. 

Why the hell were parental controls taken away from the routers web page!? Stupid. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Abbasbot, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, you'll find access controls for your Smart Hub 2 in the My BT app. They're now called Wi-Fi controls.

1. From the app, click More then select Your wi-fi network
  2. Select Control wi-fi access for your devices to manage your screen time online
0 Ratings