Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Can't connect vpn client to work network

Go to solution

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi @iw803,

Since this sounds like a business issue why not get your employer's IT department to sort it out with BT business.

That is what I did when I was working

Its not a BT problem as far as I can see.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
iw803
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

The business isn't a BT user so I'm told won't get involved with BT, and I haven't asked around any others as most of them don't use the vpn, I'm only aware of one person so far (the IT guy) who has the same problem

The IT guy has sent the traceroute info to their operations people who look after that side of things, I'm hoping that they can fix it and there won't be any need to change anything else (BT or router/PC related)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

I expect that someone has made changes to the company firewall, and its now rejecting some IP addresses originating from BT, or BT have added a new IP range that the IT people are unaware of them, and they are being blocked by the firewall.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe I can't imagine its a firewall issue,  its a worldwide company so connections will be originating from far more IP addresses than BT's range. I doubt access is restricted by IP address.

0 Ratings
rickstather
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Did you solve this issue as i have the exact same problem.

Connect to Cisco Anyconnect which worked like a dream on HUB6 , then i  installed the new HUB 2 with complete WiFi.

Now i cannot access anything that is not on my VPN connection (Google etc).

Nothing changed with my company VPN, and changing back to HUB6 works, so it is HUB 2 that is causing issues.

Problem now is of course that i cannot use total wifi discs as they do not pair with HUB 6

me thinks I'm in a catch 22 situation.

hope you found a resolutions

0 Ratings