cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpmuk
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Can't disable BT WebAddress help

I can't disable BT web address help.  When I go to the option page to do so it say's it's disable but it also has the enabled radio button selected.  Selecting disable and save does not seem to actually disable it and nothing changes.  It has been like this for several days now.  You've had several queries from different people about this over several years, you seem to get it working for them and then it occurs again either for them or someone else.  I'm amazed you appear not to have got this working yet.  Please help me disable it as I find it frustrating and not at all helpful.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't disable BT WebAddress help

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

You could try using different DNS server adresses, as its BTs DNS servers doing the intercept.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
dpmuk
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

It may technically be true that this is a customer forum but it's hardly true that everyone posting here is a customer as there are plenty of replies from staff. Indeed it seems, from previous posts, that is the best way to contact BT about the issue as calling etc doesn't get hold of anyone that can help.

As far changing DNS servers that's, at best, a not very satisfactory work around. You should be able to disable this unexpected service as you have been able to for years. It also assumes that people have the knowledge to change DNS servers. I do but that's not going to help people that don't. I appreciate your attempt to help but what I want to be able to do is disable this service like before.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
fox33
Message 4 of 4

I'm up against the same issue today, I disabled it, it says it's disabled, but the 'web address help' page still pops up.
From what I've read elsewhere this 'web address help' has stopped people's VPN's from working, which it what I'm experiencing at the moment. 
If anybody knows a way to disable it properly please let me know!

0 Ratings