cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Can't get a wired connection to work from Smart Hub to Xbox One S

Hi, I've just "upgraded" to the BT Smart Hub from the home hub 5 and I cannot get a wired connection to work with my Xbox One S.  I go into the network settings on the xbox and you can see the wired connection appear, but then after a few seconds it drops out again, then a few seconds later connects again, only to drop out again a few seconds later - this just continues.  

I've tried different ports in the hub, and also a proper shutdown on the xbox, but has made no difference.  The wireless connection works fine, it is just wired.  

Never ever had a problem with the home hub 5, seems weird that a newer hub would have a problem.  Anyone else experienced this, and more importantly have any ideas how to fix?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't get a wired connection to work from Smart Hum to Xbox One S

Go back to using the home hub 5.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

But BT spent ages on the phone convincing me how much better the new hub was Smiley Surprised 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@dlawless wrote:

But BT spent ages on the phone convincing me how much better the new hub was Smiley Surprised 

They were probably more interested in renewing your contract, as there is no major difference in the hubs, in fact the HH6 has a major disadvantage when it comes to wireless channel selection.

Try turning Smart Setup off to see if it helps.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Re: Can't get a wired connection to work from Smart Hub to Xbox One S

Thanks, turning off smart setup hasn't made a difference.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@dlawless wrote:
Thanks, turning off smart setup hasn't made a difference.

Then go back to using your home hub 5, or ask BT for a replacement home hub, in case its faulty, unless anyone else has any suggestions?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

Possibly an IP address clash. Make sure the Xbox ethernet adapter is set to obtain a dynamic address (DHCP).

0 Ratings