cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Xrias
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Can't get my mobile connected to Wifi. get stumped when I'm asked for a password - don't have one

Go to solution

Followed video so far, but don't have a password, so can 't get connected. Never have had a  mobile connection. Now what, please?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can't get my mobile connected to Wifi. get stumped when I'm asked for a password - don't have o

Go to solution

@Xrias

What handset are you using? And are you trying to connect to the wifi on your BT Hub?

0 Ratings
Xrias
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Re: Can't get my mobile connected to Wifi. get stumped when I'm asked for a password - don't have o

Go to solution
I'm trying to use a Galaxy J3 and connect to my home Hub3
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

the wifi password you need is on the hub itself - unless you changed it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Xrias
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
Tried admin password - incorrect
tried wireless PIN WPS - also incorrect.
Don't have any reason to mess about with changing passwords which I didn't even know existed. Does this mean that I can never get connected? Thanks for your help so far
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Its the wireless WPA password printed on either the base of the hub or a plastic card with the hub that you need. It is case sensitive.

0 Ratings
Xrias
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I have re-checked and I was right the first time I tried the password on  the  base of the hub,  but it still won 't work.  Thank you all for your help - the fault obviously lies with BT 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

If you factory reset the hub by pressing the recessed button with a pin for about 20seconds until the lights flash, it will ensure the password is reset to the default that is on the label. Then try again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

if you cannot connect to the wireless network on your hub it is far more likely someone has changed the wireless password and hence why the one on the hub does not work   this is not a BT fault or faulty hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Xrias
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Everything sorted out now and I'm finally connected. Thank you everyone who has responded to my cry for help.
0 Ratings