Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
migrean
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Can't login to OneDrive website

Go to solution

Whenever I try to login the the Microsoft OneDrive website the we browser (I've tried more than one) trows up the error message

onedrive.live.com uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Can anyone tell me what I must do to resolve the problem.  I've posted this problem on the Microsoft Community website as well as here.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Can't login to OneDrive website

Go to solution

just tried logging in on PC and I had to authenticate my login whereas normally it just opens using chrome  only change has been the 1903 w10 features update and it appears onedrive is updating before I can access

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
migrean
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

I should have mentioned that I encounter the same problem if I try logging in to OneDrive from other computers at home, even on my phone. It makes me think the problem might lie with my ISP (BT), or possibly the BT connection to our house. 

The problem is only with the OneDrive website, no other. This makes me think the problem lies with Microsoft. I've been in touch with them. All they can suggest is to change the settings on my computer, but that makes no difference.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

just tried using phone app and connected immediately probably because I have already authenticated it in my PC  I use BT hub and fibre so unlikely that is causing your login problem

as I said this only happened since the major 1903 windows 10 update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
migrean
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

I have Windows 10 version 1809. I was told I had the latest version when I tried to update it just now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

1903 is the latest windows 10 update and is a large features update  have you checked to see if there has been any recent update that could cause the problem?

can you access onedrive if you use your mobile data instead of home wifi

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

@migrean wrote:

I have Windows 10 version 1809. I was told I had the latest version when I tried to update it just now.

There is some strange behaviour with logging in via live.com.
I have windows 10 1903.
I use a different method , by accident, perhaps.
I downloaded the Onedrive app from the Microsoft Store.....you can do this for each device.

There's no mention of live.com.
I've just typed in your" live.com" on the search bar and I get the same error message as you.

Try downloading the Onedrive app to your pc.....to start with.
It's all strange but I suppose it's a force of habit.....I only use Onedrive as and when, as with BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
migrean
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

I tried mobile data instead of home wifi - success. This means the problem isn't with the website but my wifi set up, which bring us back to square one.

0 Ratings
migrean
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

OneDrive app did the trick. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@migrean wrote:

OneDrive app did the trick. Thanks.

From your posts, and searching the web for similar problems, it looks as if there are dns problems.

I never use live.com, mainly out of force of habit. The app is much better, when used in conjunction with MS Office, as you are able to save large files to Onedrive as required, as a backup, mainly.

0 Ratings