cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucille0902
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Can't open some website with BT wifi but it works using data

I'm a Chinese and I usually access some chinese website and game, but yesterday I was playing a game and it just quit because of losing connection with the internet and I can't open lots of Chinese website. But it could work when I using date or using VPN.

I've try shut the parenting control off, close the smart set-up and also restart the Hub, but it just not work.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
shanxiaowang
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't open some website with BT wifi but it works using data

The same thing happens to me!

Around tomorrow evening I suddenly find some Chinese websites that I used to view cannot be opened, but it works when I change to data.

I am using bthub6 wifi.

0 Ratings
lucille0902
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Did you solve it? I'm using VPN right now but it's so slow..

0 Ratings
tom5739
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Seems to be a general connectivity issue between BT's network and China.  This is affecting users of the Xiaoyi YiHome IP cameras.  See my post on another thread here:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Wifi-not-letting-me-connect-to-Yi-Home-Camera-s...

Can you post some examples of some Chinese websites that you are no longer able to access?

0 Ratings
zmdtk
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I had the similar problem from last month and it is still not working.

It affects a range of IP subnets which includes Amazon China, Bank of China, Taobao.com, dangdang.com and other more. 

I agree with @tom5739 that this is not DNS issue but a routing issue.

Because

1. DNS is updated to 8.8.8.8 and a few others and no use. 

2. Ping IP directly and tracert the route via IP and it stopped somewhere. NOTE: IP is obtained from other ISP which is working fine. 

@BT , do you need me to explain what is a DNS and how it works to you? 

It is a problem only with BT customers. The same devices were tested on other ISP connection and it is working. For example, my laptop is working in neighbour house which is Skype but not working at home which is BT fibre. Several devices are tried.

BT customer service team just doesn't listen to me and keep telling me BT is not blocking any site. But BT is not connecting the websites either. 

BT customer service team is blaming those web sites and ignoring the fact the websites are working via other ISP such as Skype or Talktalk. 

It is simple:  Skype or Talktalk users can use internet normally but I , as a BT user, can't use them. @BT This is called Internet is not working.  Stop blaming the websites because they are working via other ISP. Stop blaming me as I am not the only one having issue. 

0 Ratings