cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jamescox
Message 1 of 11

Can visit every website except one? Very strange and annoying problem. Please help someone!!

This is a very strange problem, and one that has started today but is already driving me mad. I'm on BT Infinity Broadband, using a BT homehub, and have done for a while now... So far it's been fine until today.

Every aspect of my internet connection is fine - I can get and send emails, use skype, and view websites through every browser...But all of a sudden I can't visit one particular website anymore? It just times out every single time and wont let me on. It's definitely not the website becuase all my colleagues can go on there, and if i turn off my wifi on my iphone I can get to it on 3G also, so the problem is definitely in the router or something to do with my settings here. I've tried on my Macbook on Chrome, Safari and Firefox, and also on my Powermac on the same three browsers. 

It's vital that I get back online becuase as luck would have it, my job is updating the blog on this one site I can't access, so any help from anyone at all would be very much appreciated. Here's the site in question: www.4downdistribution.com/v3

Cheers

James

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can visit every website except one? Very strange and annoying problem. Please help someone!!

accessed without a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jamescox
Message 3 of 11

Re: Can visit every website except one? Very strange and annoying problem. Please help someone!!

Yes, that's the point, my router / broadband connection wont let me on there all of a sudden, it's driving me crazy Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

it's unlikely that any settings have changed in the router  - have you tried deleting the cache/history/temp internet files and see if that help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jamescox
Message 5 of 11

Yep, I've done everything, like I said, I've tried it on three browsers on two computers connected to this network and my iphone. Cleared everything, restarted everything.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 11

Working here ~ though a litle slow.

Try via a proxy such as http://www.openproxy.co.uk/

Not a convenient long term solution, but it should let you get to the site for now, and help you debug a little as well.

0 Ratings
jamescox
Message 7 of 11

OK, thanks, I gave it a go, it worked to get me on to the site once, then i tried to log in to the wordpress admin panel and it kicked me out again. I'm really confused about this whole situation, but I'm reluctant to call the BT helpline becuase I dont think they're going to be able to do anything except wind me up more! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

have you tried a single restart of the home hub this will get a new a new IP address which may resolve the problem
0 Ratings
jamescox
Message 9 of 11

Hi, yes, I've pressed the restart button on the back, and later on I stuck a pin in the other restart hole also. No difference to the problem....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

As well as a factory reset of the home hub try switching the Openreach modem off and on.

0 Ratings