cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finkk
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Can you "whitelist" a URL on the latest BT Hub?

I have a website my router just won't display. I can see it on 4G on the phone but on wifi the router is not showing it. I work from home building websites so this is essential that i can proof sites online 🙂 

I don't know if you can tell the router to display a specific URL?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can you "whitelist" a URL on the latest BT Hub?

Its ISP supplied equipment, one size fits all. If you require advanced features but a third party router that suits your needs.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Do you have parental controls enabled?

0 Ratings
Finkk
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

No - we don't have kids. No other issues with websites apart from one. I used to have the odd issue before with a BT router but a quick restart would fix the problem. This one just refuses to display one website about Roofing Supplies. But yet i can see it on my phone.

I'll go back to my developer and ask him if he has set something up that might be blocking it. 

Thanks anyway! 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Probably a DNS problem, you can't change DNS servers on the hub but try changing to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 on your pc/ laptop and see if that helps

0 Ratings
Finkk
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Oooh OK that sounds good. iI am on a Mac. I'll have a look thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
jeffuk
Message 7 of 8

Did you solve this problem at all?

I have the same problem, I have multiple websites on a server and I can see them all except my development URL. I can see it on 4G just fine.

If I issue a new IP via my homehub by disconnecting/reconnecting the URL works for a few seconds and then gets blocked - bang 403 appears.

0 Ratings
Finkk
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

The only thing i can do is get my laptop to use my 4G from my phone as a wifi hotspot. It's only one website luckily. A friend emailed me this which may help you? 

"That is strange, I think I had a similar issue when i had marked a site (with no SSL or an expired SSL) as 'unsafe' and my ISP then blocked it. I think i cleared it by clearing and flushing the DNS on my machine, renewing and releasing new IPs all in the terminal on a mac. not sure on a PC if you are on a windows machine..."

0 Ratings