cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 261 of 295

Re: Cannot access BBC or Facebook

Have just spoken with Kevin at BT Wholsale via their eChat facility and given the information that I have been researching.

Although he couldn't comment he did say the following - 

Kevin (15:32:23)
the forum modulators are waiting on a statement from BT Teach services before they update the community, this will be issues as soon as details become available.

Ant3000(15:33:02)
But you can confirm that the problem is being dealt with and you're hopeful to have a resolution soon?

Kevin (15:34:43)
yes i can confirm it is defiantly being looked at by BT Tech services and we are hopeful there will be a resolution as soon as possible

0 Ratings
Cambrians
Contributor
Message 262 of 295

Hi Ant3000. Your results are proving what a few of us were also reporting on page 8 (posts 74/75) of this thread at the beginning of the month plus a few tacetoutes from me on page 19 (post 182) in relation to the 213.120.157.xxx content of pages hanging but when it uses 213.120.161.xxx the pages load fine. I don't know whether those results have even been looked at already but more recent reports from Sean D indicated they still can't find an issue so I don't know if they're just not trying hard enough to trace the problem which many of us seem to have concluded relates to this crappy Akamai server thingy & whether Akamai or whoever own it just tell BT it's working fine, or if they have actually checked it & our results are just a consequence of a deeper obscure issue that may indeed be very hard to trace, especially as it's intermittent. Good on you for pushing & delving deeper though Smiley Happy 

0 Ratings
Ludo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 263 of 295

Good work Ant ... a bit ironic that you're still classed as 'Beginner' on the left, there.

I think you deserve to be promoted to the rank of whatevercomesnext, at least.

Hope something definitive comes of all this effort to communicate with BT and, in some respects, doing their job for them.

0 Ratings
strathend
Beginner
Message 264 of 295

Thanks for all your work Ant3000, I wouldn't know where to begin.  Let's hope there is a solution sooner rather than later.  We have waited for an answer and a solution from BT long enough.

0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 265 of 295

With all the activity over the weekend and today you'd hope they would tell use something before the end of today
0 Ratings
TCats
Contributor
Message 266 of 295

Thanks Ant3000 for all your hard work on this problem 

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 267 of 295

Hi Folks,

Thank you all very much for the continued patience with us in trying to get to the bottom of this issue.  Your feedback has been invaluable.

I have just received word from BT Wholesale to say that they have found an issue and today was spent carrying out work to rectify the problem.  They now believe this issue has been resolved.  Can I please ask you guys to confirm if this is the case?

I don't have details as to what the issue was but for now we are keen to understand if it has been fixed.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 268 of 295

The traceroutes are showing completely different IP Addresses for the various CDN's

rtm.ebaystatic.com now using 213.123.85.50

fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net now using 213.123.85.34

ichef.bbci.co.uk now using  109.144.113.182

cdn-static.zdnet.com now using 109.144.113.184

Fingers crossed we might be onto a winner but I reckon we'll need a couple of days with everyone keeping a watchful eye over how things pan out!

0 Ratings
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 269 of 295

Thanks for all of the kind words everybody!

If I'm honest Cambrains I was a bit clueless as to what you were talking about in those early thread messages but it wasn't until I did a bit of research on how things worked that it all started to fall into place. It's a pity that BT didn't sit up an take more notice of what you were saying as I think you had pretty much cracked it right from the start!

It's also a bit disappointing that we all had to work so hard to find a fix! I really do feel that we should all be entitled to some form of compensation or incentive for having to put up and shut up for so many weeks.

If there is a positive to gain from this is that collectively we have stood to (eventually) be taken notice of rather than brushed aside and just assumed that as we're not technically minded we must be doing something wrong!

Fingers crossed we're back on track!

0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 270 of 295

Hi Sean. Thanks for update. Where do we go for compensation due to loss of service?
0 Ratings